Contributors

Saturday, March 17, 2018

John Reuben A Replacement For The Beastie Boys

Hello, first off I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Jay Robert Shauberger.  The reason I'm writing this blog is because I am now working alongside Brandyn to keep his site fresh and up to date.  But before Brandyn hired me for this gig I had been wondering about where God wanted me to go in life.  I had become very depressed in life and in the early morning on the day Brandyn offered me this position I was in tears.  For those who don't know me, I was in a car accident over four years ago which left me paralyzed and eventually without legs.  Throughout these four years I have tried to remain strong, but there are still times where I feel very hopeless.  Before the offer by Brandyn I had asked for direction from God about what I should be doing with my life and his answer was "Just Write".  So if you ever want to learn more about me and my walk with God you can go to my personal blog at https://jayrobertslife.wordpress.com/

Now about my first Christian rap influence, and the drumroll is...John Reuben.  Maybe you've heard of him or maybe you haven't, but for me years ago when finding it hard to find Christian music that really appealed to me he was the Jam.  Sometime in the seventh grade I was introduced to John Reuben and I absolutely loved his style.  I was and still pretty much am a HUGE Beastie Boys fan and that's what turned me onto his music.  Over the years his style or course has changed, but it was his ability to stay unique like the Beastie Boys is what I also loved about him.  He recently came out with a new album titled Reubonic, which I found to be one of his most impressive albums ever.  However, there is one swear word used, so if you can deal with it like I have, it's definitely worth checking out.  So if you want an alternative to the Beastie Boys, or just flat out good Christian rap, then John Reuben is right for you.